I am always looking for easy and rich dessert recipes to try on my family. Baking is one of my favorite things to do, but I always like to keep it simple. The best part about chocolate decadence cookies are that they look elaborate, but they are a breeze to make. If chocolate is your indulgence, these cookies will do the trick. I am a chocolate lover myself and am always looking for a cookie recipe that combines chocolate and nuts. I find this combination to be my guilty pleasure and chocolate decadence cookies have quickly become my favorite dessert.
Great With Ice Cream
Not only do I love chocolate cookies, but I also enjoy pairing them with ice cream for a filling family dessert. These chocolate decadence cookies taste great with vanilla bean ice cream. I find that making homemade ice cream to pair with these cookies only makes for tastier treat. My kids can’t get enough of the rich chocolate taste of these cookies combined with the ice cream flavor. So instead of making brownies and ice cream, I opt for chocolate decadence cookies and ice cream.
One of the best parts in this easy recipe involves the amount of flour that is required. These cookies only call for ¼ cup of flour for a whole batch. This means that the main ingredients are chocolate and walnuts. You get a rich dessert that is pretty basic to make, but full of taste. If you prefer pecans to walnuts, you can adjust the recipe accordingly. I simply begin melting the chocolate and am on my way to a delicious batch of chocolate decadence cookies that won’t last long. Just remember not to overcook these cookies, because they will not taste as delicious.
My kids love these cookies so much that I often make them as a substitute for cake. Since they go so well with ice cream, they are a great birthday party dessert treat. If your kids love chocolate, you can try this recipe at the next birthday party and get rave reviews.
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
8 ounces bittersweet (60% cocao) chocolate, chopped
2 tablespoons butter
2 large eggs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350?F. Position racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl and mix together thoroughly with a whisk. Set aside.
3. Place the 8 ounces of chocolate and the butter in a large heatproof bowl set directly in a wide skillet of barely simmering water. Stir frequently just until melted and smooth. Remove the chocolate from the skillet and set it aside. Leave the heat on under the skillet.
4. In a medium heatproof bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, and vanilla together thoroughly. Set the bowl in the skillet and stir until the mixture is lukewarm to the touch. Stir the egg mixture into the warm (not hot) chocolate. Stir in the flour mixture, then the chocolate chips and nuts.
5. Scoop slightly rounded tablespoons of batter and place 1 1/2 inches apart onto parchment lined cookie sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until the surface of the cookie looks dry and set and the centers are still gooey. Rotate the sheets from top to bottom and from front to back halfway through the baking time to ensure even baking. Slide the parchment paper off the cookie sheets and onto racks to cool. Allow the cookies to cool completely before storing. May be kept in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Everybody loves the taste of chocolate and the aroma that fills a kitchen when delicious cookies are baking. Try this chocolate decadence cookie recipe to bring delicious chocolatey goodness to your home, family and friends!
This decadent chocolate cookie recipe will tantalize the taste buds, with a cookie that is moist, fudgy and perfectly sweet. The cookies are also easy to make, with just a few basic ingredients.
Begin by preheating your oven to 375F (190C). In a medium bowl, mix 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour, 3 tablespoons of cocoa powder and a teaspoon of baking soda together. Set this dry mixture aside for now.
Melt 1 cup of semisweet or dark chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave, stirring frequently. In a large bowl, cream together one cup of softened butter and 1 ½ cups of brown sugar until the mixture is light and creamy. Mix in one teaspoon of vanilla extract and 2 large eggs, one at a time.
Gently stir the melted chocolate into the large bowl, making sure to not overmix. Gradually sift in the dry mixture, and mix until incorporated. Lastly, add one cup of chopped toasted pecans and stir to even distribute throughout the cookie dough.
With a spoon, scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets, leaving enough space between the dough scoops to allow them to spread during baking. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned.
The finished chocolaty cookies are soft and chewy! Serve them as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for a truly decadent treat. Enjoy!