Sensitive skin is very delicate and problematic; it is easily irritated, prone to inflammation, redness and breakouts (acne). Hence, this article is going to give you some sensitive skin care tips that will help you take good care of your delicate skin to make it look healthy and beautiful.
7 Vital sensitive skin care tips
1. Washing – Too much washing strips the skin of oil and moisture, thereby causing dryness, itching and sometimes bruising especially for the delicate skin-type. Taking your bath/shower twice a day is okay; do not over do it and do not scrub too hard.
2. Sun – Protect your skin from the Ultraviolet rays of the sun because sensitive skin is prone to sun damage. Use creams that contain effective sun blocking agents like D-Panthenol (Vitamin B5); using a brand that contains chemical sun blocker could also have damaging effects on your skin.
3. Foods – You should also watch what you eat; find out what effects the foods you eat have on your skin. Avoid foods that trigger off allergic reactions and eat those that help to nourish your skin and make it look healthy and radiant.
4. Water – Drink enough water to keep your skin hydrated and get rid of impurities; too much toxin in the body is not good for the skin because it blocks the pores and causes breakouts (acne).
5. Harsh soap – Harsh cleansing agents are bad for your skin because of their stripping effects; you should use soaps that are mild and contain moisturizers.
6. Chemicals – Sensitive skin care products should not contain chemicals like parabens, glycol, sulfates and fragrances; they cause dryness and allergic reactions like itching and inflammation. Do not use creams that contain mineral oil because they cause breakouts.
7. Soothing cream – Sensitive skin care creams should contain ingredients that have soothing effects on the skin; one of the ingredients you should look for is Babassu. This is a light natural wax that helps to soothe inflamed skin; it also helps to moisturize the skin to make it supple, smooth and radiant.
Another soothing ingredient to look for when buying a sensitive skin care lotion or cream is Shea butter; this is also rich in healing properties. Hence, it effectively heals damaged skin and soothes dry irritated skin to make it look fresh and beautiful; it is also effective for conditions like eczema and psoriasis.
For more information on how to make your skin look younger, flawless and beautiful, visit my website.
Discover the best sensitive skin care products available today.